Updated April, 2021
Every day, DFW International Airport Ambassadors provide a vital customer experience by connecting passengers to the world, helping make DFW the connection of choice!
There are many benefits of becoming an Ambassador:
As an Ambassador, you will greet travelers from all around the world while providing Modern Texan Hospitality!
You will help passengers find their gate and terminal, locate amenities, understand transportation options, provide information on North Texas attractions, and more.
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills
- Flexible volunteer shifts
- Attend Ambassador social events, virtual or in-person
- Receive free parking while you volunteer
- Uniform and training provided
- Ambassador service recognition
Qualifications and commitment
- Volunteer for at least one shift per calendar week
- You delight in providing an exceptional customer experience and interacting with people
- Use technology to guide Airport customers
- Adhere to health and safety protocols, according to DFW policy
- Attend ongoing training and follow the Ambassador Volunteer Handbook guidelines
- Familiarity with airports and use of mobile device technology is a plus
- Multilingual is a plus
Orientation and Training
We welcome you to attend a volunteer orientation to learn more. Register for the next session by creating a profile, selecting “Become a Volunteer” under “Volunteers” at the top of the page. The Orientation schedule may vary, based upon opportunity availability.
Orientation is followed by a brief interview with program staff before being scheduled for training. Training consists of learning how to navigate the terminals, how to properly answer customers’ questions, how to provide an exceptional customer experience, learning emergency procedures, transportation information, a walking tour, and more.
For additional volunteer information, please contact the Ambassador Program Office at 972-973-7010 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.